Saturday, March 7, 2009

Went to get a laptop ... got more seeds, instead

The plan was for me to go to Staples and get a laptop. $1500.04 and a declined check due to a limit on the amount that I can write a check for (according to my bank) later ... I ended up with another shopping bag full of seed packets from Biggs, across the street:

  • Homestead Tomato
  • Waltham Butternut Squash
  • Royal Blue Sweet Pea
  • Bibb Lettuce
  • Bellflower (Peachleaf variety)
  • Garden Bean (which, from what I've researched, is what you get green beans from) Blue Lake 274 and Kentucky Wonder varieties
Aside from that, today was an absolutely gorgeous day! It was sunny, windy, and in the 70s for the first time this year. Now, with the windows open and a nice breeze coming in (while watching "When Weather Changed History" on the Weather Channel — about the Super Outbreak of tornadoes in 1974 ... wondering if this is a good idea?) I can hear the first spring peepers of the season! I love listening to those things! It just makes me think of spring! With the Daylight Savings Time change tonight at 2 a.m. and spring only 2 weeks away, I can't wait to get my seeds started and start tearing up the plot in the back yard for the garden!

0 comments: